Byram Schools Reopening Letter
Please read the attached letter in regards to and update on the district plans for reopening in the fall.
The nurse’s of the Byram Township school district have made available many blank health forms and health information fact sheets located at the bottom of this page. These may be downloaded for your convenience.
PLEASE BE AWARE THE FORMS/INFORMATION MAY BE SPECIFIC TO EITHER THE BYRAM INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL OR THE BYRAM LAKES ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
A student who eats properly, gets enough sleep and is free from illness is ready to have a successful school day! Also, there may be special needs for a particular student, since each student is a special and unique person. Your Byram School Nurses are here to help your children with their individual needs so that they can reach their potential in school. We are also responsible for other health services that maintain the health of all our students and help provide a safe and healthy enviroment in which they can learn. Parent/guardian help and co-operation is always welcomed and appreciated, because you are the most important influence in your child's life.
The following is a brief description of the services the school nurses provide:
*Assist the school physician with physicals for intermural sport activities.
*Vision and hearing screening in preschool, Kindergarten, and grades 2, 4, 6 and 8.
*Scoliosis screening in grades 5 and 7.
* Generate health & emergency care awareness for those students with medical needs.
*Height, weight and blood pressure for all students.
*Dispense medications according to the Byram Board of Education policy (contact your school nurse for details.)
*Assist the Child Study Team with medical evaluations.
*Check that all students have received the immunizations required by the State Department of Health.
*Detection reporting and monitoring of communicable diseases.
Please call your school nurse for more specific information and to discuss any needs that your chilren may have. We look forward to sharing the experiece of watching your chilren grow and mature from kindergartners to eighth graders.
Your school nurses want to wish you a healthy, happy, safe summer. Some helpful summer hints to ensure an enjoyable summer include:
- remember to use appropriate sunblock protection
- for tick protection wear long sleeves and pants. Don't forget those daily tick checks!
- always wear a helmet when riding a bike, scooter, rollerblades, skateboard and any other activity in which a fall can cause injury to your head.
- follow bike safety rules
- remember pedestrian safety rules when walking along our busy roads
- always swim with a buddy and follow water safety rules
- when enjoying the outdoors, don't forget you water bottle
- when boating and participating in water sports, follow NJ State boating regulations
- avoid exercising during the hottest part of the day (12:00PM - 2:00PM)